Lafayette GREEN Awards
The City of Lafayette and the Lafayette Environmental Task Force are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2013 Lafayette Awards of Environmental Excellence, more commonly known as the Lafayette Green Awards, which recognize outstanding efforts that contribute to a more sustainable community and help the City achieve its environmental goals. Awards are chosen across five different categories: residents, local businesses, schools, community organizations, and green building.
The 2013 winners include:
- § Resident – Tina Goodfriend
- § Local Businesses – Rising Loafer Café & Bakery, and Hunsaker Goodstein PC
- § Schools – Erika Pringsheim-Moore
- § Community Organizations – Friends Corner Book Shop
- § Green Building – Fresh Connection (Scott Thomsen, Architect-Ward-Young Architects and Hank Miller, Owner)
The winners will be formally announced at the Lafayette Earth Day Festival on Sunday, April 27, 2014 at noon at the Lafayette Library & Learning Center Plaza. Additionally, Mayor Tatzin will present the awards to the recipients at the next City Council meeting on Monday, April 28, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Lafayette Library & Learning Center Community Hall.
For more information on the Green Awards, please visit www.lovelafayette.org/GreenAwards.